5.27.2005

Feeling Unsafe Right Now

So, it's almost 3am (yeah, I know what you're thinking Jeff). Anyway, I'm a bit freaked out right now. I've been wide awake for a couple hours now, ever since Sam the cat woke me up by knocking something in the living room over.

So, about 20 or so minutes ago, I roll over and kick Sam. He gets up, stands on the bed for a while instead of laying back down. He looks like he sees something out the window, but I think nothing of it...until a few minutes later I see a shadow or someone go past my window. No, I wasn't half asleep. I'm definitely wide awake, and someone or something definitely went past the window. Sam is definitely watching it.

I lay in bed a bit longer, listening to see if anyone comes to the door (hoping perhaps is the next door neighbor), but all the while, planning my "grab the cell phone, hide in the shower." But luckily I don't hear anything else. So I lay there about 10 minutes, wishing I had a baseball bat (or something along the lines). Finally I get up cause I'm definitely not going to be able to sleep now. I look out the window of the living room, and I see some random guy out walking his dog. First I was relieved, but then I realized the shadow I saw had to be someone at least in my yard, if not near the window. This guy was coming the opposite direction on the other side of the street. But who the heck walks their friggin' dog at 3 AM! So then this guy, crosses the street to my side, goes INTO my neighbors yard, steals one of their newspapers (they always have like 5 there), meddles around for a while, and then continues his walk.

Ok, so best case scenario, this crazy 3AM dog walking guy decided to take a trek through our yard, and then cross the street and come back up the other way, stealing the paper while he was at it. Worst case scenario, this crazy 3 AM dog walking guy (or someone else) is a huge freak and was outside my window for who knows WHAT reason!

Not feeling so safe to go to sleep right now, which sucks cause I have an extremely busy day tomorrow. I guess I'll go make sure the doors are double locked, find a blunt weapon and try to get some sleep.


ADDITION 9:05 am: Of course, after I went to bed, I dreamt about people getting murdered here at work...haha. Not people from work, just happened here.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, Life on the Fort. Glad nothing bad happened!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home