7.31.2004

Babies R Us...

I have a new found respect for mothers. Yes, after spending 2 nights with a new mother and a 2 month old, I decided I don't know that I ever really want kids. I mean, I probably do, but geez...getting up in the middle of the night,feeding, changing, rocking them to sleep...it's a lot of work. Even me, just as an innocent bystander needed a night out on the town tonight to recover from it. Granted I'll probably need a whole day to recover from my lack of sleep from tonight, but yeah, I don't know where I was going with that. I just think Mothers deserve more Kudos than they get...and I suppose fathers too, if they bother to get up with the kids.

I do have to say though, that making a baby laugh and smile at you, is one of the coolest things in the world. Especially if it's not even your kid. It's like, hey, this kid actually knows you and thinks you are funny for sticking your tongue out or whatever it is you are doing. But it is nice when it's other people's kids and you can just send them on their way and continue your normal life. Something like that. This whole post is pointless, its just 2:30 AM and I felt the need to say something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home