8.02.2004

Body's Clock?

Why is it, on the days that you just want to sleep in a little bit, it never happens? I went to bed at like midnight, kinda sad thinking of only the 6 hours and 45 minutes of sleep I was going to get after a very long weekend. But instead of getting every ounce of that time in, my body decides it wants up at like 5am or 5:30am, something like that. It's nuts. But I mean, there is only so long you can lay there in bed without getting up on mornings like this. Maybe my body just feels relieved Summer Camp is over and I won't have to see any kids until at least 2:30 this afternoon, maybe it knows all the stuff I have to do that I was honestly going to put off a few days and it's saying "wake up, wake up! you have too many things to do." I can't promise, but hopefully my will of wanting to relax will win over my body's natural reaction to want to bombard myself today. I also don't feel a bit guilty over that (okay, maybe just a little). In all honesty, I think that whole "Cycle of Vista Life" is starting to set in on me. I'm not sure what is supposed to be happening at the 5-6 month point, but I'm totally jumping on the "I work for less than minium wage and you want me to do what?" bandwagon. Yeah yeah, I know, it's a good thought, volunteering for a year and all, serving my country, blah blah blah, and I'm really and truely one of the few Vista who can honestly say without cracking up that I really like my job and would venture to say that as far as Vista positions go, I got it made. I have a great position, I get to do fun things at work, and work with a great staff and supervisor. So yeah, for the most part, I come to work, ready to work because I love what I do and where I work. So what am I complaining for? I just want to sleep, thats all. That's all I've wanted since Day One in California. I want sleep until my alarm clock goes off on work days, I want to sleep past 10am on weekends. I'm tired of this getting up with the birds on the EAST COAST thing. Anyway, thats just how I feel this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home