7.12.2005

27th Birthday

So, I turned 27 this past Saturday, July 9th. I had such a great day Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was a near perfect day considering I couldn't be around my family and friends from back home.

The Morning
I woke up to a call at 8:15 am from my friend Mickeal (yeah, you'll always be Kelly). Then later my mom and grandma called and then Ross. So, after that, my roomate made pancakes for me and took me to Jamba Juice. On the way home, we decided to have some lunch at Arby's in Salinas. After driving around and not finding it, we disappointedly decided to head home. However, on the way out of town, we saw an Arby's in a truck stop. It was great. So we go home, take naps, shower, etc...and head over to a BBQ at my friend Jessica's house.

The BBQ
I arrived at Jessica's house about 3:30 pm. When I got there, I realized I had a surprise visitor. My friend Brian had decided to drive up early and surprise me for my birthday. His visit was supposed to be later this month, but thanks to a few sneaky emails to Franny, he arranged it all without my knowledge. It was a very cool surprise. Anyway, I wore my pirate outfit, compliments of Jessica and enjoyed my tasty steak. Then we head to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

The Boardwalk
We met up with Misty at the Boardwalk where we all enjoyed DDR, mini golf, video games and some laser tag. We all also won lots of arcade tickets, so there was souveniors fro everyone to remind them of the evening. It was a really great night and I'm happy I got to share it with my friends.

Sunday
So Sunday afternoon, I had another BBQ. This time it was with the VISTAS and it was at my house. It was a beautiful day to sit out in the sun in the backyard and just hang out. They also got me a couple of T-shirts. One was a Napoleon Dynamite shirt that says "Give me some of your tots" and the other has a picture of a stick person playing a game saying "Not now, I'm busy"...both are totally me. Also got some pink slime, a frisbee, sidewalk chalk, and of course, it would not be complete without the $1 Totinos pizzas...my favorite! It was all very cute and sweet. I hope everyone takes a look at the pictures in the previous blog. I also plan to post some directly here at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home