8.04.2004

The Farmer's Market and The Brit

So, I went to the Farmer's Market last night. It's so strange, hundreds of people, wandering out on the streetlike that. I can only recall one time I went to a Farmer's Market (purposely) before I moved here. But it's so different back in Kentucky. They actually have vegetables and fruit and that's about it. Here, I probably spent $5 or so on stupid little bracelets and rings that I would have wore when I was 13. It's okay though, it was rather fun. I haven't been in a while actually. I also got to stop at one of my favorite places here in Monterey, The Britania Arms (aka, The Brit) and have some dinner. I don't know what it is about this place I like so much. The food and drinks are only average and generally overpriced. It gets kinda crowded sometimes. They do have that big screen TV, and Karokee on Wednesdays though. I think mostly, I just like the familiarity of it. I like going in, seeing the same waitresses still there that were working there when we would frequent the place every night just a few short months ago. It's almost like "Cheers" for me. Not really, but it's at least my one "go to" place on the peninsula. Yeah, not everyone knows my name, but they probably vaguely remember our faces. That's not the point. The point is, I like The Brit. I like the Brit, and I miss hanging out and doing things in general.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home