3.08.2005

the muckrakers

You guys should check out this band called the muckrakers. They're from Western Kentucky University and was just starting out while I was there. I actually know one of the guys semi-well....not friends, but more acquaintances (he worked in my dorm, had some classes with him, he dated my suitemate Tami, etc...). They're a great local band that is looking like they're only getting bigger each time I check up on them. Their 3rd album is coming out soon. At any rate, check out their website. You can hear one of their new songs on the top of the page "Cigarettes & Magazines" and you can listen to some of their other songs in the music section. If anyone is interested in hearing more, I have some of their songs on CD. I had both of their previously released CDs but they were stolen along with my car in Vegas, so I just have what I had put on a mix CD.

If you want to hear some great songs, I recommend (of the ones you can hear) "Working my way" "through my door" and "Happy Inn" (I like it cause it talks about WKU). Happy Inn was a chinese resturant right next to campus that they used to play at a lot. They had great food too and delivered. They'd call from downstairs and say "happy inn your lobby" heh. Lots of people got happy in our lobby come to think of it, but that a different story (ah those Campus Crusade couples) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home