3.09.2005

What a Wonderful Year (End of service song for VISTA)

What a Wonderful Year
(by Melissa, Kris, and Sarah D.)


I see dunes of sand…the ocean too
I hear waves crash….for me and you
And I think to myself…what a wonderful Fort.

I see foggy skies…and hungry coons
Mountain lion, foxes …and Najla’s moon
And I think to myself…what did I get into?

Seaside and Salinas, shootings in the street
Dead bodies on the fort, which I hope I never meet
The Captain at the Brit …and the Mucky Duck too
Sucking my toes…saying I LOVE YOU!

We hear Vistas knock…(Melissa): I say GO AWAY!
They still come in…(Kris): I say just to stay
And I think to myself…what wonderful friends

(Melissa): So many post-its, oh so little time
(Kris): No heat in the building, it’s gotta be a crime
Marilyn and Franny, thanks for a great year
We’ve learned a lot, and have memories full of cheer

The picture of Bart…hangs proudly on the wall
It’ll be very sad…to say goodbye to you all
And I think to myself…I’m glad I came here.
Yes I think to myself…what a wonderful year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home