4.02.2005

Orange and Blue OR Red and Black....you decide.

So, I walked like 3.5 miles today. I started at Lover's Point and walked to the wharf and back. If you're not from around here, it's a beautiful walk. Lover's Point is my favorite place on the Peninsula. Actually, the little grassy knoll is my favorite spot, but its at Lover's Point. And truely, it's not a "knoll", it's just grass, but I've always wanted to use the phrase "grassy knoll," so get over it.

Anyway, today is only the 2nd or 3rd time I've really ever walked on our beautiful Rec Trail. Quiet sad when you think about it. I think I'll start walking more down there (and in general). Not sure what inspired me today. I just woke up in the mood to enjoy the beautiful weather. I did had some other motivators for going for a walk, one of which being my awesome friend Jessica who has been running everyday. I'm super impressed with her. She really sticks to things she decides to do, unlike myself. There were other motivators, but they're just boring.

Anyway, enough about that. It's back to basketball time. Louisville and Illinois is turning out to be a great/close game (which I figured). I officially decided to cheer for Illinios today. I went back and forth all week, after realizing last weekend that my hate for Louisville doesn't really exist anymore. Yeah, I'm jealous they're in the Final Four and Kentucky isn't, but I can deal with that. Now, I'd never ever be happy about Louisville beating UK in a game...we're a far cry from that. However, Illinois has had an amazing season...kinda team you want to hate, but just can't (unlike some other teams like Duke, UNC, Cincy, Arizona, fill in the blank here, etc...). They haven't seemed to let all the talk about them this year go to their head. I think that is due to their coach, Bruce Weber. He seems like a very likable guy. I don't know much about him, except this is his 2nd year at Illini and that he came from Southern Illiniois University. In two years, he's put together an amazing team, winning two straight conference championships in one of the better conferences (along with ACC, SEC, Big East, Big 12). Anyway, as I said, I decided to cheer for the Fighting Illini after subconciously dressing in orange and navy blue this morning. However, that said, U of L is a tough team and deserves to be here. I picked them for the Final Four in all of my brackets. So what I'm saying is that, I want Illinios to win, but if Louisville wins, I'll be happy enough...AND I will cheer for Louisville in the final game against either UNC or Mich St. (same goes for Illinois as well).


FYI, Louisville just took the lead of the game for the first time today. Oh, nevermind, Illini took it back.

Should be fun, with all the orange and blue and black and red running around today. Kind of depressing to know that it will all be over very soon. I guess that is what baseball season is for though!

EDIT: I just found out that Bruce Weber coached as an assistant coach for one season at my Alma Mater, Western Kentucky University under Gene Keady, who he followed when Keady went to Purdue. That was in 1980. It was his first college coaching job according to what I'm reading. Read more about Bruce Weber here. Now I definately like Bruce Weber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home