8.04.2004

Driving for Sanity

I realized tonight that I had lost something. I lost it and didn't even realize it until just now. I'm sitting here, waiting on midnight to roll around, and thought to myself wow, I'd love to go for a drive. And granted, I do have my car back and ready to go and have had it for a few weeks now, maybe a month, but it's still in my driveway, waiting on stupid County Attorneys in stupid little counties in Kentucky to help me settle my little car problem (it's a long story, you don't wanna know). So being the good citizen that I am, I leave my car sitting in my driveway day after day, til I can legally drive it again.

Now, that may not seem like that big of deal to some of you people, at least I have a car you may say. But you have to understand something about me. I love to drive. I always have. I've been known to get in my car and drive a few counties away, just because I was bored. One of my friends even wrote a poem about it. I can easily put over 100 miles on my car just joy riding in the country. All that being said, I realized tonight I haven't done that in a while. And when I say a while, I don't mean since my car was stolen and all the other stuff going on. I mean, in years. I seemed to have lost my thrill of driving. It was kind of a sad realization because driving, in the past, was my way to clear my head, to ease my mind, and to help me just not go completely insane. Maybe that explains why I've had a harder time over the past few years of controlling my "mental state." Maybe I've not been joy riding enough. At any rate, you can bet, as soon as this little problem is solved, driving is going to be my favorite pasttime again. I don't care how much the gas costs, its going to happen. Even if I have to give up little liberties like food to put gas in my car, it's got to be done. You have to do what you have to do. After all, my sanity depends on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home