11.13.2004

Christmas Time

Yes, I said Christmas. Forget all that Thanksgiving crap. Yeah, I'm sure Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday, and truely, my only basis for not liking Thanksgiving is the fact that I hate turkey, but still, this year, for once, can't we just skip right over it? No turkey dinner, no green beans and yams, no accidently drinking your cousin's iced tea, expecting soda, and ruining everyone else's dinner as you spit it out. None of that. Lets just take the 2 days off work and be thankful for that. And hey, why can't everyday be a "thanking" day. Do we really need to set aside one special day for it? When was the last time someone told you "Thank You" on Thanksgiving anyway? Its usually, "can we speed up the line before the mashed potatoes get cold?"

So yeah, I'm canceling Thanksgiving. You guys, you can just do what you want. I bet my day will be less stressful than yours. And all the while, as I'm napping, while you're getting stuffed like a turkey, those Christmas sugarplums will be dancing in my head as I get ready for the coolest day of the year...Christmas! But we'll talk about that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home