5.09.2005

Two Minutes

A lot can happen in two minutes.

Unless you've been in a bunker, you probably know that the 131st Kentucky Derby was this past weekend. Its often referred to as "the most exciting two minutes in sports." I think I would agree with that. What you may not know (but should know) about this year's Derby was that the 50-1 longshot Giacomo was the winner. You can read all about it here. So in two minutes, a looked over horse became a superstar and I'm sure a legend in his own time. Nevermind that fact that a few people made a lot of money. There was a "North American record $864,253.50 superfecta payout for the seven $1 tickets" the article says.

Dreams can also end in two minutes, or lives in this case. Western Kentucky University basketball player Danny Rumph died suddenly from a heart attack this past weekend playing a pick-up basketball game in Philly, where he is from. He was only 21. You can read more about that here.

I know there have been many "two minutes" in my life that threw me for a loop, both good and bad. A two minute phone call landed me in California. Two minutes spent talking to people have turned into years of friendships, as well as two minute conversations that have ended friendships. Even the two minutes we go out of our way just to do something nice for someone. We never know how those little things can make their day.

It makes me wonder what the next "two minutes" will bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home